Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.(Proverbs 22:6) is the bible verse of Good News Academy. It is the driving force of GNA to faithfully carry out its avowed educational mission of EXPERIENCING GOD, EMPOWERINGthe students,and EQUIPTINGthe students since its foundation in 1998.
PARENTS COMMITMENT CONTRACT
- CORPORAL CORRECTION
- The offense will be clearly discussed with your child.
- A Staff member will discuss the Spiritual applications and will pray with your child.
- A reasonable number of strokes, not to exceed six(6) will be ministered by the parents of a Staff member (when parents are not available or as advised) of the same sex as your child, using a simple flat paddle.
- A staff witness of the same sex as your child will be present.
- Your child will not be physically restrained. (if he/she refuses to submit to paddling, you will be asked to come to discuss the matter, and if it is believed to be in the best interest of the School, the child will be asked to be withdrawn from the Church-School.
- After administering of the strokes the Staff member will pray with your child, assuring him/her of their love.
- A written report will be made of the date, offense, number of strokes administered, and the name of correcting Staff member and witness.
- FINANCIAL CONTRACT
Good News Academy is honored that you have privileged our Staff to assist you in the spiritual academic qualities that characterizes your child. We appreciate your confidence in our program. To carry out your wishes for total character development, we believe is necessary to follow Spiritual admonition to correct a child when his behavior is in violation of proper or reasonable rules and procedures. When warranted, corporal correction will be exercised under the following:
- The Church and the School agree to furnish instructional facilities, equiptment, and qualified Staff for the education of the child named on the application.
- The parents or guardian agree to pay all fees on the dates scheduled.
- If payments have not been made by the 7th day of the payment schedule, a 10% surcharge fee will be added. If payment has not been made by the 20th day of the payment schedule, and arrangements have not been made with the administration, the child will not be allowed to attend classes on the next school day and until the fees are paid. The fees will continue to be charged until paid.
- No child will be allowed to enter classes until the Miscellaneous Fees and the first scheduled tuition and curriculum fees have been paid.
In case of withdrawal of students five (5) days after the regular classes have started and five (5)days after attendance in case of late enrollees the following policy shall apply:
- All enrollment fees shall be forfeited in favor of the school;
- If the withdrawal is done after the 15th of June, the tuition fee for that month shall be forfeited.
- If the withdrawal is done before the 15th of June, the tuition fee for that month shall be charged half of the amount.
- The unused tuition fee actually paid in advance shall be refunded;
- Payment of paces already ordered from ACE Manila will also be forfeited.
In case of withdrawal before the start of classes, only the Diagnostic Test/registration/reservation fee will be forfeited.
- A Repeat Fee will be charged for every PACE that has to be repeated by a student that same amount as the Pace.
- No child will be allowed to have his fees accumulate to Php 3,000.00. In other words, a child will only be allowed a credit of the abouve amount. In this case, the child will be suspended until the parents (especially the father) come for Conference.
- If the full payment of this contract had not been paid by the end of the School Year, the Prograss Report will not be issued and the Academic Record (Transcript) and other records will not be released until all the fees have been paid in full.
That the Good News Academyis a ministry of Good News Community Church, and that the Church’s stand on biblical principles is reflected in all affairs and teachings of the school.
THAT PARENTS support the Church-School Program by faithfully attending all Parent Conferences, Meetings, Fellowships, School Conventions and Training and if parents are members of another Bible-believing Church, that they pledge to attend Good News Community Church’s special activities such as Anniversary, Mission Conferences, Revival, etc.(Members of this Church are expected to attend these activities.
THAT PARENTS contract of commitment and financial support is for the whole school year consisting of 10 months. Parents therefore are obliged to pay in full the whole amount of tuition fees for the whole year even when their child/ren withdraw/s or stop/s schooling in the middle of the year.
THAT PARENTS understand that every child is expected to take part in all School activities, including sports and Church/School sponsored trips away from the school premises, and absolves the school from liability in case of any accident in supervised school activities;
THAT PARENTSagree to uphold and support the high academic standard of the school by providing a place at home for the child to study and by encouraging him to complete his homework or assignments; and to respond to all written communications from the Church-School by signing.
THAT PARENTS appreciate the standards of the School and do not tolerate profanity, obscenity in word or action, dishonor to the Godhead or the Word of God, or disrespect to the personnel of the School. That parents agree to support all the rules, regulations, and policies of the School in conduct and dress codes(including hairstyles) in the applicant’s behalf and authorize the administration to employ such disciplinary actions as it deems wise and expedient for the training of the child;,/p>
THAT PARENTS understand that the School reserves the right to dismiss any child who fails to comply with the established rules, regulations and discipline.